- Schedule and participate in an in-home estimate. Ask questions and be as detailed as possible so we can identify your specific needs.
- Schedule your move 3-4 weeks prior to moving day.
- Reserve freight elevator if required by your building
- Immediately communicate schedule changes.
- Confirm your moving reservation two days prior to pick-up.
30 Days Prior To Moving
- Don't move things that you don't want. Sell as many as you can with a garage sale or advertise online. Donate what's left to charities, such as the Salvation Army, Goodwill Industries or Amvets. If you donate items to a charity, be sure to get a receipt for a tax deduction.
- Submit a change of address form to the Unites States Postal Service. Notify friends, family and employers of your new address.
- Fill out an IRS change of address form. Depending on the reason for your move and the distance you're moving, many of the expenses may be tax deductible.
- Get copies of your medical and dental records, if moving long distance.
- If you're moving out of state, find out about auto licensing and insurance.
- If you're moving in-state, find out where and how to change your address on your driver's license.
- Notify your kids' schools and have their records transferred to their new schools.
- Return any cable or internet equipment.
8 To 14 Days Before You Move
- Collect all the items you may have loaned out.
- Return library books or any other borrowed items.
- Make arrangements to disconnect gas, electric and other utilities. Remember to collect refunds of your deposits from electric, water, telephone, cable, and oil and gas companies.
- Make arrangements to connect utilities at your new place.
2 To 7 Days Before You Move
- Get rid of all flammables.
- Decide what you're bringing with you in the car.
- Arrange for removal of "installed items" you're bringing with you, like a wall-mounted television or shelves.
- Pack a suitcase with the clothes, medications and toiletries you'll need the first day in your new home.
- Empty, defrost and clean your refrigerator. Make sure it has at least 2-3 days to air dry.
The Day Before Moving Day
- Take down curtains and curtain rods.
- Collect all keys to locking items. Put them in a safe place.
- Plan your breakfast. Paper plate service is fine. Eating something on the road is better.
- Pack your personal belongings except your alarm clock.
- Go to sleep early you'll be glad of it tomorrow.
- Move vehicles from your garage and driveway prior to our arrival. We want to get started quickly.
- Strip the beds but leave them intact. We will dismantle them.
- Secure pets.
- Walk around with our crew chief and detail all items to be moved.
- Make sure the driver has the correct delivery address and your mobile phone number.
- Confirm the expected delivery time with the driver.
- Before the movers leave, do a final walk through of every room. Check all closets and cabinets for items left behind.
— Camp Springs, MD to Annapolis, MD
I had a very positive experience. I would definitely use them again. They moved a lot of furniture around in my hardworking. I have no reservations whatsoever in recommending them. 100 percent A+.