Ten Top Cities for Women Entrepreneurs
August 27, 2018
- As of 2012, there were 9.9 million women-owned businesses in America, up from 7.8 million in 2007 (a 28 percent jump). That figure represents a growth rate four times that of men-owned businesses.
- Women-owned businesses today represent 36 percent of all US businesses.
- Revenues for women-owned business hit $1.6 trillion in 2012, up from $1.2 trillion in 2007.
- Women-owned businesses increased their employee count 20 percent between 2007 and 2012, while men-owned businesses increased their number of employees by just 12 percent.
But some areas seem to offer more opportunity for success than others, according to a study of the Census Bureau's survey by Small Business Trends, an online publication for entrepreneurs. Here are the top 10 cities for female entrepreneurs:
- New York City-413,899 women entrepreneurs
- Los Angeles-192,358 women entrepreneurs
- Chicago-123,632 women entrepreneurs
- Houston-102,813 women entrepreneurs
- Dallas-52,798 women entrepreneurs
- San Diego-47,942 women entrepreneurs
- San Antonio-44,295 women entrepreneurs
- Phoenix-44,294 women entrepreneurs
- Philadelphia-40,906 women entrepreneurs
- San Francisco-40,135 women entrepreneurs
If you're a business-minded woman planning a move to or from the Washington, DC metropolitan area, call McKendree Moving & Storage at 800-530-2626 to begin planning your business or residential relocation today.