5 Top New Year's Resolutions for Your New Home
August 27, 2018
If you're starting the New Year in a new residence, congratulations! While all your friends are yacking about the same ol resolutions they swore to keep this time last year (lose weight, save money, kick the habit, etc.) you'll enjoy making a list of a different set of resolutions designed to assure you'll soon be feeling right at home. McKendree Moving & Storage offer these five top resolutions for your new abode:
- Streamline your stuff. Commit to go clutter-free in your new space. Start by packing only the things that are necessities or that mean most to you. If you can't imagine enjoying it in your new home, pack it up for your local charity instead.
- Go easy on the energy. New homes typically mean new appliances. Choose those with the Energy Star logo to help assure you'll conserve energy and save money. Also opt for low-flow showerheads, low-e windows and an old-fashioned clothes line. If you plan to landscape your new yard, place shade trees on the east and west sides of your home to block the sun and keep cooling bills at a minimum.
- Set an easy weekly cleaning schedule and stick to it.
- New communities mean new friends. Make your home entertainment-ready by designing with a few conversation pieces (like a unique sculpture or painting), furniture arranged for conversation and a great outdoor living space.
- Consider a pet. After all, statistics show that having a four-legged friend offers multiple health benefits. Plus, who doesn't love being greeted with a toothy grin and a wagging tail when coming home.
Are you planning a move to or from the Washington, DC metro area? Call McKendree Moving & Storage at 800-530-2626.